Frequently Asked Questions about Home IPTV app – LG, Samsung and Android
What is an IPTV playlist?
An m3u playlist commonly refers to an IPTV playlist is a list of IPTV channels contained in an m3u file format. It is usually provided by an Internet Protocol Television service provider. It offers the users to watch their selective channels online by using the playlist. Viewers can watch over a variety of mediums like TV, computer, smart phones, and tablets. The m3u file can be used using a media player particularly a VLC player.
The m3u file contains information about the connection. The information includes the followings:
- The name of the channel
- Channel ID
- Direct channel address on the server
The media player runs the m3u file that is linked to the URL address and shows the channel content information. It allows you to select a channel to watch. Once the channel is selected, the player will send a request to the server. In response, the server returns data packets that converted into images.
How to Use IPTV M3u Playlist
IPTV providers offer m3u files to make it easier for viewers to watch Television channels on different devices. Follow these 3 steps to play the file:
- Download an m3u file on your device
- Add or copy/paste the file to the m3u-supported media player
- Select your desired channel and Play
How to upload a playlist on the Home IPTV app?
- Turn on your TV and launch the Home IPTV app
- Write down your device ID number from the screen. TV id number can be found in the settings menu of the Home IPTV app
- Go to www.homeiptv.com /activate on your computer browser / mobile browser
- On the website, enter your TV ID in the first input field and either enter your playlist link or select a playlist file
- Press on “Import channels”. If you see a “Success” message, return to your Home IPTV app on the TV
- Press “0” on your remote control to reload the app and import channels
- Enjoy watching your TV
Home IPTV app runs perfectly on Samsung Tizen 2016, LG webOS 2.0, or later model. IPTV playlist can be played using the Home IPTV app on both Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS. Home IPTV app is the most efficient app in the market to support the IPTV M3U playlist.
A typical m3u IPTV playlist looks like a text document.
EPG is the electronic equivalent of a printed TV program guide
To watch IPTV on LG Smart TV, follow these five simple steps
Detailed IPTV installation instructions for Samsung Tizen Smart TV